Saturday, September 10, 2011

Making headway on DEATH'S HEAD TRANSMISSION project!

Like most of us Artists/self-publishers I've got more than a couple projects going. Until I figure out how to draw with my feet(Man, my legs just hang there off the chair while my arms do all the work!) I've got to budget my time so I don't neglect any one of them.
So far, today, 5 pgs and counting of my DEATH'S HEAD TRANSMISSION graphic story! Here's a couple of pages just to show you I ain't blowin' smoke up your chimney!

5 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Ted, love the whole layout of that 2nd page! And the effect you get with that chisel point..man, feels like these are carved out of blocks of ink.

What size are these pages?

thefusionman said...

Thanks Jav! Pages are 8.5 by 11" letter size.

Robberson Ford Customer said...

Ted, you have a bold style. I have a wierd question. Can you draw in a realistic style? More Curt Swan or classic illustration?
You seem to draw fast. Have you ever taken a ton of time to do a drawing? (a page takes me 5 to 10 hours to pencil and 20 hours to ink). Have you ever spent 30 hours on a page? If you did, how detailed (IE realitistic like Curt Swan) can you get? Can you draw in a realisic style if you choose to? Thank you.

thefusionman said...

Good question, Unknown! I really like Curt Swan's work, thanks for bringing him up! I don' think on my best day I could draw like him, but I have taken more time drawing in the past. My style has changed over the years as a result of my skill set and artistic choices I have made. Right now I feel inspired to draw in a fast and spontaneous way. For me it's like catching lightening in a bottle. But you've got me thinking... Thanks!

thefusionman said...

Also, if you'd like to see my slightly more realistic style of work, you can check out the link to my BILLY COLE ONLINE WEBCOMICS hosted by Webcomicsnation. It's on the left side column of this blog. Iit's just over 200 pgs, and you can see my style become more detailed as time went by.