Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another study for SUPER MAN-MONSTERS project!


Painting a profile/portrait of a character is a great way for me to really figure out who they are. Here's another one for my new SUPER MAN-MONSTERS project. Once I realized it was okay to paint a person WITHOUT using flesh colors it came together for me. Part of me says, "Hey, you can't paint a person without using flesh colors, it doesn't look right", but then the Other part of me says, "Yeah? well I just did, and it looks fine to me, what you gonna do about it?" and then the first part says,"Okay then, it's your painting now, go to town..." Sometimes you just have to take control of yourself!

2 comments:

Tony Figueroa said...

I like this Ted. It reminds me of a quote from the late and great Burne Hogarth: "art is form in an activity state". Keep up the good work.

thefusionman said...

Thanks Tony!